Tips On Planning A Successful Video Conference
Online video conferencing is a useful business tool that brings close people located all over the world. The magic of video conferencing is that it has erased all borders, cut down travel time, as well as costs. Companies as well as research units can choose to conduct important business meetings as well as training modules by using videoconferencing.
The steps to planning a successful video conference are simple. First of all you need to decide on a day and time taking into consideration time zones and holidays.
1. Send notifications to all concerned about the videoconference and confirm attendance.
2. Decide on a format for the videoconference and ensure smooth functioning by checking whether all participants have the necessary equipment.
3. When choosing a venue think about audio and video quality. The conference or meeting room should be simple and windows must be ideally behind the videoconferencing system or covered with blinds. Choose the proper seating arrangement considering aspects like audio echo. Light furniture and an amply lit room with fluorescent lights are recommended. If the walls are blue its ideal. Insulate the room from external sounds as far as possible.
4. Check whether you have a suitable internet connection. It should be an excellent digital network service such as an IP or ISDN service. Consult your local VSGi representative. You will need a Lan connection, suitable power sockets, and cable runners or conduits.
5. Arrange for equipment such as a second monitor of size 27" to 60" plasmas, a VCR or DVD player, document camera, auxiliary camera, lap tops, wired or wireless touch control panels and so on. In case of doubt take professional help.
6. General tips for a video conference are:
Ask participants to be seated at least 10–15 minutes before the conference begins. b. Send out a short note to all speakers on how to speak/present slides at a video conference. c. Position the camera such that all participants will be within view. d. Everyone needs to speak normally just as in a face to face meeting. There will be no need to speak louder. e. Avoid shuffling of feet or papers. Microphones will pick up all sounds even whispers. f. Use normal meeting etiquettes.
The World Wide Web has changed significantly the way the world functions. Today e-meetings or video conferences are common place and participants can be in any corner of the world and yet be present in the meeting. Participants can exchange their ideas, present slides and data, discuss and debate issues and interact just as they would in face-to-face meetings. All Participants will just be seated in their own offices instead of a conference room. Video conferencing has become state of art with excellent sound and picture quality and the process saves business considerable amounts of time as well as money.
Steve Cooper is a Video Conference Agent and a writer for free web based video conferencing, the premier website to find free search for video conference, video conference software, video conference solution, free web conferencing online meeting tools and many more.